Redwater Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire on Lydia Jane Street around 4:30 a.m. Thursday morning.
According to the department arriving units noted that the front porch was on fire with a propane cylinder accelerating the blaze.
The family made it out to safety.
The residents attribute the opportunity to make it to safety to the fact that they were notified by smoke detectors inside the house.
Redwater along with Maud VFD and Liberty Eyleau VFD all responded to the blaze.
According to Redwater Volunteer Fire Department, although everything did not burn, they are in need of clothing;
socks,L underwear and L under shirts
Under wear Med
Shoes 7.5 /8
As always toiletries, towels and washcloths are needed as well.
If you are able to help with their needs contact any Redwater VFD member or contact Jessica Haire.