Texarkana, Ark. Fire Department responded to a fire at Denny’s Friday morning.
According to Texarkana, Ark. Fire Marshall Stephen Johnson, interviews on scene with the employees and customers revealed the employees were attempting to clean behind the flat grill. They stated that natural gas started leaking from behind the grill as they were moving it out away from the wall. This natural gas spread to an ignition source and ignited.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in approximately 15 minutes, but remained on scene for another two hours checking for hot spots and reloading the hoses.
All customers and employees exited the building without injury.