More than $32,400 was given to teachers at Pleasant Grove Independent School District on Valentine’s Day through the Education Foundation.
Since, 2007, the PGISD Education Foundation has awarded more than $400,000 in grants and school projects, said Kristen Giles, Director of Community Partnerships.
The following grants were on Valentine’s Day at the elementary, intermediate, middle, and high school campuses:
- No Strings Attached: Uke Can Do It, Pleasant Grove Intermediate Campus Music and Art Department for $1,118.00.
- Storyworks Magazine for Fourth Grade Readers, Pleasant Grove Intermediate Campus, $1256.00.
- Game On: Pleasant Grove Intermediate Campus, $194.94
- Wired for Learning: Pleasant Grove Intermediate Campus, $699.95
- Learning with Lakeshore: Pleasant Grove Elementary Campus, Kindergarten, $524.89
- Using Data to Drive Instruction- Istation Reading: Pleasant Grove Elementary Campus, $5,000.00.
- Flexible Seating for Fabulous Art: Pleasant Grove Middle School Art Department, $919.08
- STEAM Printing: Pleasant Grove Middle School Campus- STEAM Lab, $899.99
- Out with the Old- In with the New”: Pleasant Grove Middle School Campus , $953.35
- STEAMing up Biographies: Pleasant Grove Middle School Library, $976.10
- A Place to Change: Pleasant Grove Middle School, $1865.06
- Middle School Math is STEAMING Hot: Pleasant Grove Middle School Math Department,$6667.90
- Research and Inquiry Based Tools to STEAMify the Science Dept: Pleasant Grove High School
- Science Department, $9,611.00
- Dynamic Motion: Pleasant Grove High School Science Department, $1,540.00
Members of the Pleasant Grove ISD Education Foundation awarded 14 grants, thanks to community sponsors that have partnered with the foundation. Sponsors are: Gregg Orr Auto Collection, Texarkana Emergency Center, Electrique Corporation, Farmers Bank, Super One
Foods, Guaranty Bank & Trust, Schlotzsky’s, The Dunn Family, The McCulloch Family, The Bunel Family, The White Family, and The Patterson Family.