Sparks in the Park is happening at the Four States Fair Grounds Saturday evening.
Gates open at 4 p.m. and last until the fireworks start at 9 p.m.
Kid’s Fun Activities – 4PM til Dark
- Giant Sandbox—15 yards of fun–sponsored by Red River Credit Union
- Bounce Houses from Astro Jump
- Red River Army Depot tanks/trucks—climb and explore
- Climbing Wall—sponsored by TAMU-T
- AG Learning Center—cool off with educational exhibits
- Finley’s Barnyard—cutest animals in the four states
- Kiddie Train—ride in style sponsored by Amtrak
- Face Painting and Patriotic Tattoos
- Cooling Misters
- Bean Bag Toss—sponsored by the Texas Elks Lodge
- Hot Wheels/Cool Rides Cruisin’—Extreme trucks from Lead Foot Mud Drags and The Punisher Monster Truck, mustangs, corvettes, jeep junkies, imports & antique cars.
- Games: Texas Cornhole, Horseshoes, Washboards—sponsored by 180
- FitnessJunior Firefighters Challenge from 6PM to 7:30PM by Texarkana Arkansas Fire Department
- Darby Games from 6:30-8:30PM—Hula Hoops, 3-legged races, sack races, bubble gum blowing, water balloon toss, beach ball bonanza, egg run–sponsored by MetroPCS
No alcohol, personal coolers, pets or personal fireworks will be permitted on the fairgrounds.
Vehicles may ENTER the Fairgrounds parking area the following ways:
- From I-30: Parkway Dr to U of A Way to Fair Park Rd. or continue on U of A Way to Clay Pit to East 50th and into the main parking lot.
- From the south: Arkansas Blvd to Frontage Road /Parkway Dr. north, then onto E. 46th around to the main parking lot. No traffic will be allowed to enter on East 50th Street.
- Any traffic bypassing one of these entrances will be re-routed back in line to one of these two entrances. Any traffic passing through on Four States will be required to turn onto East 50th to Sanderson Lane. No traffic will be allowed to pass through on Four States Parkway to Arkansas Boulevard or I-30. Please follow all traffic commands and be patient.
The Four States Fair will provide personnel to direct vehicles on where to park once they have entered the parking areas around the fairgrounds.
Vehicles may EXIT the parking areas and fairgrounds the following ways:
- Main north parking lot to Fair Park Rd. then left on U of A Way to Parkway Dr. All traffic MUST turn north on Parkway Dr.
- Main north lot to E 46th then to Parkway Dr. All exiting traffic entering Parkway Dr. MUST turn south on Parkway Dr. Then south to Arkansas Blvd. where drivers can turn east or west bound or enter I-49.
- Vehicles parked inside the fence line (late arrivers) MUST exit the west gate of the fairgrounds onto E 50th where they will be directed west on E.50th to Sanderson Lane. E.50th will remain a one way west bound street after the fireworks show.