(1) Any animal not normally born and raised in captivity, including but not limited to the following:
- Class Reptilia: Family Helodermatidae (venomous lizards) and Family Hydrophiidae (venomous marine snakes); Family Viperidae (rattlesnakes, copperheads, cottonmouths, pit vipers and true vipers); Family Elapidae (coral snakes, cobras, and mambas); the following listed species of Family Colubridae-Dispholidus typus (Boomslang), Hyrodynastes gigas (water cobra), Boiga (mangrove snake), and Thelotornis (African twig snake) only; Order Phidia, Family Boidae (racers, boas, water snakes, and pythons); Order Crocodilia (such as crocodiles, alligators, caimans, and gavials);
- Class Aves: Order Falconiforms (such as hawks, eagles, falcons and vultures);
- Family Felidea (such as lions, tigers, bobcats, jaguars, ocelots, leopards and cougars), except commonly domesticated cats;
- Family Canidae (such as wolves, wolf-dog hybrids, dingos, coyotes, foxes and jackals), and any hybrid of an animal listed in this section except commonly domesticated dogs;
- Family Mustelida (such as weasels, skunks, martens, minks, badgers and otters) except ferrets
- Family Procyonidae (such as raccoons and coati);
- Family Ursidae (such as bears);
- Marsupialia (such as kangaroos, opossums, koala bears, wallabys, bandicoots, and wombats);
- Chiroperta (bats);
- Edentata (such as sloths, anteaters, and armadillo);
- Probosidea (elephants);
- Primata (such as monkeys, chimpanzees, orangutans, and gorillas);
- Rodentia (such as beavers and porcupines); and
- Ungulata (such as antelope, deer, bison and camels);
d Class Amphibi: Poisonous frogs.
e. Class Insecta: Poisonous insects.
(2) Does not include livestock, fowl or common household pets.
(3) Animals not listed: An animal control officer may declare any species of animal not listed in this subsection as “prohibited” if the confinement of the animal within the city can be shown to constitute a threat to public health and safety.