Alleged Liberty-Eylau on-campus sexual assault leads to arrest of former track team darling


A former Liberty-Eylau Independent School District student and track team member is accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl on the high school campus Monday.

Denzel Green, 17, turned himself in Thursday morning and was booked on a charge of second-degree sexual assault. Green allegedly pulled a girl attending summer school into the media room in a building that was supposed to be off-limits during the summer Monday. Green, who graduated last month, was not authorized to be on LEISD campus, according to a press release from LEISD public information officer Matthew Fry.

Green is allegedly enrolled to attend a Texas college this fall on a full-ride track scholarship, according to sources involved in the investigation.

According to a probable cause affidavit, the girl walked into the building to get a drink when Green approached her and expressed a long-held desire to be intimate with her, according to a probable cause affidavit. When the girl refused, Green allegedly pulled her by the arm toward a stage area in the media center and up some stage-side stairs. While on the stairs, Green paused to take a quick call from his mother as the alleged victim grabbed a railing in hopes of stopping him from dragging her.

Off the phone, Green allegedly forced the girl’s pants down on the stairs. When he tried to push her head down and verbalized a desire for oral sex, the girl allegedly resisted. Green allegedly turned the girl around and penetrated her.

The girl told police Green received a second call from his mom as he was sexually assaulting her. She told police she began putting her clothes back on but Green removed them again after hanging up and resumed the attack.

The girl said she was afraid to disclose the encounter to her mother until the following day. When she did, the mother contacted the high school’s principal who in turn called LEISD police. The girl was examined at a local hospital Tuesday and underwent a forensic interview at the Children’s Advocacy Center in Texarkana on Wednesday, according to the affidavit.

Bail is expected to be set Friday.

Previous articleTexarkana police asking for help identifying burglary suspects
Next articleTAPD investigating death of inmate