Multiple tips lead police to Wells Fargo robber

Gary Jackson, 33, of Texarkana Texas

On August 4, 2015, Texarkana Texas Police arrested Gary Jackson, 33, of Texarkana Texas for the robbery of the Wells Fargo Bank that occurred on August 3, 2015.

Following a request for the community’s assistance, Texarkana Texas Police received multiple tips that identified Jackson as the bank robbery suspect shown in surveillance photographs. The tipsters also provided a description of his vehicle and information that he could be found at a specific local motel. Investigators were unable to locate Jackson at that motel, so they began checking other motels in the area. After a man believed to be Jackson was observed entering a room at a motel in the 1800 block of West Seventh Street, investigators knocked on the door to speak to the occupants. Jackson was one of several people in the room and was taken into custody. He was transported to the Bi-State Criminal Justice Center where he was interviewed by investigators. He was later charged with both the Wells Fargo Bank robbery and the strong arm robbery that occurred on August 1, 2015. He was also charged Possession of Certain Substances (Synthetic Marijuana).

Jackson remains in the Bi-State Jail with a $150,000 bond for each of the robbery charges. The bond for the Possession of Certain Substances charge was set at $500.

Police continue to investigate, but the money stolen in the robbery has not yet been recovered.

At approximately 2:55 p.m. on August 3, Texarkana, Texas Police responded to a bank robbery call at the Wells Fargo bank in the 1700 block of New Boston Road. The bank teller told officers that a black male, wearing a black t-shirt and a black hat, passed her a note demanding money. The teller complied with the demand and the man left the bank with an undisclosed amount of cash. No weapon was displayed during the robbery.

It is believed that Jackson is also responsible for the strong arm robbery that occurred in the 1600 block of New Boston Road on August 1, 2015. In that early morning robbery, a male forced a female employee into the building as she was opening the business and demanded money. The man fled from the scene in the victim’s vehicle after taking less than twenty dollars in change. The vehicle was recovered a short time later in an alley adjacent to the 500 block of Blanton Street.

Previous articleWells Fargo bank robber arrested
Next articleKiwanis to celebrate 100th Birthday in Texarkana