The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Robert Charles Willis, 39, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list, and a cash reward up to $5,000 is now being offered for information leading to his capture. Willis is wanted in Texas for failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements. He is also wanted in Arkansas for parole violation. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Willis’ last known address was in DeKalb, Texas (Bowie County). He also has ties to Texarkana, in both Texas and Arkansas. His criminal history includes sexual abuse, battery, escape and failing to register as a sex offender. In February 2000, Willis was convicted in Miller County (Arkansas) of three counts of sexual abuse for incidents involving three children, ages four and younger. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=333.
Willis is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs approximately 165 pounds. He has multiple tattoos, including the image of a hand holding a bell on his upper right arm, and other tattoos on his chest, neck, arms and back.
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted, and tipsters will be provided a tip number instead of using a name.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.