Texarkana woman arrested after allegedly stabbing and running over people


Texarkana Police arrested Michelle Purvis, 34, of Texarkana Texas, for aggravated assault early Wednesday morning.

According to authorities, officers were dispatched to the 2700 block of Milam Street at 12:39 this morning to the report of a stabbing and someone having been run over with a vehicle.

When officials arrived in the area, they discovered a 28 year old male unconscious in the street in the 300 block of Robbins Street and a 27 year old female who was also injured with several scrapes and lacerations on her body.

According to police records the female victim had been standing outside of Purvis’ vehicle while they talked in the 2700 block of Milam. At some point, Purvis became agitated and asked the victim if she wanted to fight her. She then grabbed the victim’s hair through the window and began to drive south on Milam Street with the victim hanging from the side of the car. Purvis let go of the woman’s hair near the intersection of Robbins Street and she fell to the ground. The male victim, who had been chasing the vehicle on foot, was behind the vehicle attempting to help the female victim when Purvis backed up the car and ran over him. Purvis then fled the scene. The female victim was able to provide officers with Purvis’ name, address, and the description of the silver vehicle that she was driving.

Moments later, officers located both Purvis and a vehicle matching the description provided by the victim at Purvis’ residence in the 500 block of Blanton Street. After the officers found evidence on the vehicle that collaborated in the victim’s account, Purvis was arrested without incident and transported to the Bi-State Jail.

Purvis is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and assault that causes bodily injury, with bonds set at $50,000 and $10,000 respectively.

According to authorities, the male victim was transported to Christus St. Michael Hospital by LifeNet Ambulance where he is being treated for his injuries that included a fractured skull. The female refused medical treatment at the scene, saying that she would have a relative take her to the emergency room by private vehicle.

Previous articleArkansas High Students place in SkillUSA Competition
Next articleLocal students learn impactful lesson on the effects of driving under the influence