U.S. Attorney John M. Bales announced today that 27 individuals have been indicted following a lengthy investigation into a drug trafficking organization dealing methamphetamine in the Eastern District of Texas.
On Mar. 14, 2015, a federal grand jury returned a sealed indictment charging 27 individuals with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
A combined task force of federal, state and local law enforcement began executing federal arrest warrants and search warrants this week as a result of the investigation. According to the indictment, beginning in July 2014, the defendants conspired to distribute at least 1.5 kilograms of methamphetamine in the Jacksonville, Texas and Cherokee County area. During the investigation, agents conducted about 40 controlled buys of over $65,000 worth of methamphetamine. The drug trafficking organization uses a network of drug couriers, distributors and multiple sources of supply bringing methamphetamine to Cherokee County, Angelina County, Marshall, Texas and into Louisiana. The indictment also charges two of those defendants with being criminal aliens unlawfully present in the United States after having been deported and four with firearms violations.
If convicted, the defendants each face a minimum of 10 years and up to life in federal prison.
This investigation is being led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Jacksonville Police Department, and the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office with assistance from multiple federal, state, and local agencies. Assistant U.S. Attorney Richard Moore is prosecuting the case.
Subjects Arrested April 1, 2015
- Jose Luis Servin-Escalera, 32, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Felipe Gonzales, 31, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Juan Armando Servin, 28, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Javier Secara Servin, 39, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Jose Alfredo Servin, 31, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Flavio Fernando Balderas, 46, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Gerardo Servin Escalera, 29, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Jose Juan Garcia, 32, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Johnny Ray Johnston, 49, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Austin Tamas Gipson, 20, of Rusk, Texas
- Milton Cynell McFarland, 44, of Jacksonville, Texas
- James Carlos Simms, 33, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Toyn Bernard McCuin, 29, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Vandorus Tranode Horn, 35, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Raul Hernandez, Jr., 25, of Jacksonville, Texas
- Jessica Lee Wolf, 32, most recently of Bullard, Texas
- Penny Ann King, 41, of Lufkin, Texas