The University of Arkansas Texarkana will hold young engineers and manufacturers camp called “Engineering and Manufacturing Camp of Creativity, EMC2” on July 23 through 27. The camp allows students ages 15 to 17 experience the local engineering and manufacturing industry.
The following activities are planned for the week:
- Tool safety
- Program and operate a robotic arm
- Learn to use a 3D printer
- CNC machining and welding at U of A Hope and Texarkana campuses
- Local industry job opportunities, benefits, salaries, and job skills
- Practice using tools such as a circular saw, drills, measuring instruments
- Visit local manufacturing industries to see how they operate
- Study electrical safety
- And much more
The registration deadline is June 20th and scholarships are available. The cost for the camp is $120 per student. Visit http://www.kidscollege.uacch.edu/ to register.
For more information, call Anna Powell at 870-722-8162 or email email@example.com.