Woman stabbed in Walmart parking lot, police investigate

Photo by Fernanda Hernandez | TXK Today

A 34-year-old woman was stabbed in the parking lot of Texas side Wal-Mart located on 4000 W. New Boston Road in Texarkana, Texas just after 6 p.m. Thursday evening.

Texarkana Texas Police Department and LifeNet responded to a stabbing incident at approximately 6:12 p.m.

Upon arriving on scene, officials found the stabbing victim who had received injuries to her wrist. The suspect who allegedly stabbed the woman using a box cutter that belonged to the 34-year-old victim had already fled the scene.

According to TTPD Spokesperson Officer Shawn Vaughn, the woman was leaving Walmart when she met up with her child’s father’s relative and engaged in an altercation which turned violent.

Police say the victim had in her possession a box-cutter from her job which was attached to a name tag. The suspect was able to take the box cutter from her and attack her with it.

According to a Walmart employee who was in the parking lot during the time of the argument, the two women engaged in a physical fight before the suspect stabbed the victim.

“I work in the parking lot. I was approached by a car saying they were fist fighting. As I approached them, I saw both women covered in blood and the other woman with an object in her hand, that’s when I called for everyone to call the police,” explained the Walmart employee.

According to this employee, the entire altercation took place infront of the victims child who was not injured. Once the employee witnessed the severity of the situation, he acted quickly by going inside the store to call 911 and acquire a first-aid kit; by the time he arrived back to the parking lot, police were on scene.

According to authorities the suspect also stole money from the victim during the altercation.

“We are considering this a robbery because of the theft that went along with the stabbing,” explained Officer Vaughn.

Though the suspect is not yet in custody, police have been informed of the name of the suspect and will proceed to make an arrest.

“We know who it was so it’ll just be about obtaining a warrant and going through the procedure. It’s not a matter of who did it, but going through the process to place them in custody,” added Vaughn.

The victim was transported by LifeNet to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Previous articleUPDATE: Police raid suspected gambling establishment, multiple arrests made
Next articleGrandmother, mother of fighting teens charged in school bus fray