TEXARKANA, TEXAS—The Texarkana Texas Fire Department battled five structure fires on Tuesday, November 28, 2017. Four of the fires were believed to be arson, and led TTFD fire marshals to the arrest of one man, Clifford Clark, 26, from Texarkana, Texas.
Fire Chief Eric Schlotter believes Tuesday to have been a day unlike any other for the department.
“These fires took a huge response of resources and manpower to extinguish, and I’m extremely proud of the way our firefighters professionally accomplished the job of protecting our city,” Schlotter said. “They showed incredible endurance, both physically and mentally, responding to this kind of work load.”
The fires were called in to 9-1-1 in the following order with the associated resources:
- 7:52 a.m. 2402 Olive St. –Chief 3, Quint 1, Engine 9, Quint 5 responded.
- 11:41 a.m. 1315 W. 5th St. –Chief 3, Quint 1, Quint 5, Engine 7, and Quint 3 responded
- 1001 S. Lake Dr. – 12:45 pm– Chief 3, Quint 5, Engine 9, Engine 7, Quint 3, Brush 5, and Brush 3 responded
- 915 McShane St. – 2:22 pm– Chief 3, Quint 5, Engine 9, Engine 7, Quint 3, Brush 5, and Brush 3 responded
- 2617 Garber St. – 7:42 pm –Chief 3, Engine 7, Quint 1, Quint 5 responded
Charges against Clark are still being determined.
The first fire on Olive Street was caused by a dryer malfunction, and was not related to the string of arsons.