The Atlanta Area Young Professionals Network organization is inviting everyone out this Saturday, Dec. 19 for the third annual Hometown Christmas in downtown Atlanta.
The event will last from noon until 10 p.m. Tickets cost $15 at the festival on the day of events or $10 online from now until then.
Family activities starting around 12:00 p.m. include:
- Ice skating – a rink with ice floor will hold up to 40 young skaters
- Snow hill slide – Ride down on a tube
- Toy train – Youngsters can board at Made in the Shade business
- Horse and carriage – Climb in at Teri’s Treasures
- Magic Show – Held on the hour starting 4 p.m. at Flip ‘n’ Cheer
- Meet elves for story time at Flip ‘n’ Cheer
- Pictures taken with Santa
- Christmas shopping at open stores and vendors
Last year, about 1,000 people came by for Hometown Christmas. The Atlanta Area Young Professionals Network is a group of community-minded leaders whose main public activity is the downtown Christmas celebration.
The Young Professionals Network is also hosting a gala event for adults 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18, at The Barn of the Blue Sky Ranch owned by Kristy Hale and located on state Highway 77 East.
Tickets, $65 for two and $40 for one, are available at Salon on Main, Albertson Law Firm and Flip ‘n’ Cheer.