The Budweiser Clydesdales horses have arrived at their temporary home for the next few days at Spring Lake Park.
The horses are in town to present the Big Jake trophy to employees of Eagle Distributing. The award will be presented at 11:30 a.m Saturday near the Splash Pad in Spring Lake Park.
The Celebrating Excellence parade featuring the horses is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Thursday. The horses will be groomed for the parade starting at 5 p.m. at Front Street plaza. Vendors will be setup along broad street for the parade. The parade will follow the usual parade route ending at the Downtown Post Office.
Visitors can also view the horses near the Splash Pad in Spring Lake Park on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
First introduced in 1933 after the repeal of Prohibition, the Clydesdales have served as a symbol for Budweiser for over 80 years.
- 5:00 p.m. Thursday – Horses at Front Street Plaza downtown preparing for parade
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday – Parade downtown
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday – View horses near Spring Lake Park Splash Pad
- 11:30 a.m. Saturday – Big Jake Award at Splash Pad
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday – View horses near Spring Lake Park Splash Pad