Mayoral candidate for Texarkana, Ark., David Haak announced today a plan for the city to select a Human Resource Consultant to start a search for a new city manger.
The timeline as provided by David Haak follows.
- October 10, 2014: Announcement of the David Haak plan.
- October 20, 2014: Request that City Board select a Human Resource Consultant.
- January 5, 2015 Human Resource Consultant submits the applicants list.
- Estimated time for the Board to make a selection: 3 weeks.
- Estimated time for contract negotiations: one week.
- Estimated time for new manger to relocate to Texarkana: 4 weeks.
- Monday March 2, 2015, new city manger on the job.
- Monday March 9, 2015 New City manger is present at the regularly scheduled board meeting. Harold Boldt retires.
Haak displayed a copy of the proposal signed by Harold Boldt who could not be present due to a family emergency.