Friday Night @
- Hopkins (Downtown) – Open Mic with Noah Rock, 8 pm
- Twisted Fork – Bryan Foreman Trio, 7:30 pm
- Fat Jack’s – Jed Harrelson: Lost in The Attik, 9 pm
- Redbone Magic Brewing – Genevieve Allen, 8:30 pm
- The Paragon Lounge – Dueling Pianos, 7 pm
- Broadway Sports Bar – BlakboX, 9 pm
- LaForgatta – Aaron Ferrel, 7pm
Saturday Night @
- Scotties – Heather Linn and I’ve Heard Worse, 7 pm
- Hopkins (Downtown) – Metoganic, 7:30 pm
- Arrow Bar – Jason Standridge, 9 pm
- Fat Jack’s – Dakota Ritter, 9 pm
- LaForgatta – John Riddle, 7 pm
- Redbone Magic Brewing – Jed Harrelson, 7 pm
Discovery Place Interactive Museum
215 Pine St, Texarkana, Texas 75501
Can you make a boat out of aluminum foil that can both float and carry the ‘pilgrims’ to the New World? Come down to Discovery and take the challenge!
Brothers Keepers MC 8th- Texarkana will be selling bowls of chili with cornbread and a drink for $10 to raise funds for Watersprings Ranch Christmas.
Bring the family out for a day of fun and games to support a great cause!
P. J. Ahern Home
403 Laurel St, Texarkana, Arkansas 71854
In February 1831, four years before Arkansas became a state, two young men stood on the Southern bank of the Red River pistols drawn. This was the culmination of a political war raging in the territorial capital. Join us for an interesting discussion of the duel and its aftermath as told through letters in the possession of the Texarkana Museums System.
TMS Curator, Jamie Simmons will share this story beginning at 2 p.m. Saturday, November 23 at the P. J. Ahern Home, 403 Laurel Street in Historic Downtown Texarkana, USA. Admission is free, but seating is limited, so reservations are recommended. Guests will be able to view the 1830s letters about the duel and view maps of early Miller County which was assumed to be Mexican territory by the duelists.