Smith-Blair evacuated for short time due to fire in shop


Smith-Blair at 30 Globe Ave in Texarkana, Arkansas was evacuated due to a fire for a short time Friday morning.

Texarkana, Arkansas Fire Department was dispatched around 10 a.m. Friday morning for a flash welding unit on fire in the middle of the shop.

According to fire department radio traffic light smoke was coming from the back of the building and flames were showing from an electrical cabinet when firefighters made entry to the building.  Firefighters quickly had the fire extinguished with a dry chemical fire extinguisher.

Employees were evacuated to the parking lot area for nearly an hour.  Firefighters cleared employees to return to work after verifying the offices were clear of carbon monoxide.


Previous articleHomeless Man Found Dead Under Summerhill Rd. Overpass
Next articlePolice Arrest One Suspect for Albertsons Purse Snatching, Searching For Second Suspect