A unopposed motion for continuance filed October 16th U.S. District Judge Michael Schneider set dates and deadlines for the trial as follows.
- Pretrial Motions Deadline: December 16, 2014, at 5:00 p.m.
- Responses to Pretrial Motions Deadline: December 23, 2014, at 5:00 p.m.
- Deadline to notify court of plea agreement: December 30, 2014, at 3:00 p.m.
- Pretrial conference in Texarkana, Texas: January 8, 2015, at 9:00 a.m.
- Jury selection and trial in Texarkana, Texas: Announced at the Pretrial conference
The defendants were named in a 2-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury on Sep. 17, 2014, charging them with conspiracy to commit an offense against and to defraud the U.S. government and theft of government property or money. These violations are alleged to have caused over $2 million in losses to the Department of the Army and Red River Army Depot. Those charged are:
Kenneth Ray Shackelford, 54, of Texarkana, Texas
Anthony Paul Vera, 54, of Dekalb, Texas
Shaun Dennis Knorr, 35, of Douglasville, Texas
Patrick Ray James, 54, of Hooks, Texas
William Robert Barr, 56, of Atlanta, Texas
Rodney Glen Cornelius, 63, of Queen City, Texas
William Randall Scott, 59, of Dekalb, Texas
All of the men are free on $10,000 bonds.
View the original indictment article on TXKtoday.com at http://txktoday.com/news/east-texans-charged-red-river-army-depot-conspiracy/