The reward for Daniel “Donnie” Carrillo, 36, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender and this month’s featured fugitive, has been increased to $8,000 for information leading to his capture if it comes in during the month of June. Carrillo is a Partido Revolucionario Mexicano gang member with a violent criminal past and is wanted for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and sex offender registration violation. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Carrillo has ties to Alpine and Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Mexico. He has previously worked in the poultry and mining industries. Carrillo’s criminal history includes aggravated sexual assault of a four-year-old boy, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and drug possession. For more information and updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at:http://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=239.
Carrillo is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs approximately 245 pounds. He may use the aliases of Donnie Carrillo and Daniel Donnie Carrillo. He has multiple tattoos on his chest, including an eagle on a cactus holding a snake along with the words “Estados Unidos Mexicanos;” and “Toro” with the image of a bull.
One offender from the Texas 10 Most Wanted Program is featured each month in hopes the higher reward money from the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division will generate additional tips. The higher reward amount will only be paid if the tip comes in the same month the fugitive is featured.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.