All major roads are currently OPEN. U.S. 259 and Highway 8 are the only roads in danger of closing (Monday afternoon at the earliest). Highway 71 and Interstate 30 in Fulton will likely remain open.
Red River at Pecan Point is currently at 28.25 and forecasted to crest at 32 feet Monday afternoon. At 33 feet the approaches to the U.S. highway 259 bridge will flood. The U.S. highway 259 bridge will very likely be closed. In addition, texas highway 37, that runs from Clarksville, Texas to Idabel, Oklahoma, and Texas highway 8, that runs from New Boston, Texas to Critton Ridge, Arkansas, will likely be closed.
Index Bridge is currently at 15.43 feet and forecasted to crest at 21 feet Tuesday. Highway 71 isn’t in danger of closing until around 26 feet.
A flood warning and flash flood watch remain in effect for much of the area.
Reports of other road closures
- CR 3103 off Of Hwy 82 – ROAD WASHED OUT
- reports of multiple other roads washed out in area use caution
NWS Special Weather Statement
A VERY HEAVY RAINFALL EVENT HAS OCCURRED ACROSS SOUTHERN OKLAHOMA
AND NORTHERN TEXAS. WIDESPREAD RAINFALL TOTALS OF FOUR TO OVER
EIGHT INCHES OVER THE PAST THREE DAYS…WITH LOCALLY HIGHER
AMOUNTS OCCURRING. ANOTHER ONE TO TWO INCH RAINFALL EVENT IS
POSSIBLE OVER TODAY…TRIGGERING FLOODING ALONG AREA RIVERS.
A STEEP RISE WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP ON THE RED RIVER BELOW LAKE
TEXOMA LATER TODAY. THIS RISE WILL THEN MOVE DOWNSTREAM INTO
SOUTHWEST ARKANSAS AND NORTHWEST LOUISIANA DURING THE FIRST WEEK
* AT PECAN POINT…MAJOR FLOODING WILL DEVELOP ON THE RED RIVER
NORTH OF DEKALB TEXAS. THE RED RIVER WILL RISE AND CREST NEAR
32.0 FEET MONDAY AFTERNOON. FLOOD STAGE AT PECAN POINT IS 24
FEET. THIS FORECAST CREST AT PECAN POINT WILL BE SOME 3.0 FEET
LOWER THAN WHAT OCCURRED DURING THIS PAST JUNE WHEN THE RED
RIVER CRESTED AT 35.0 FEET ON JUNE 2ND.
* DOWNSTREAM AT THE INDEX BRIDGE ON U.S. HIGHWAY 71 NORTH OF
TEXARKANA…THE RED RIVER WILL CREST NEAR 21 FEET TUESDAY
AFTERNOON. FLOOD STAGE AT THE INDEX BRIDGE IS 25 FEET.
* AT FULTON ARKANSAS…THE RED RIVER WILL RISE TO NEAR 22 FEET
WEDNESDAY MORNING. FLOOD STAGE AT FULTON ARKANSAS IS 27 FEET.
* AT SHREVEPORT LOUISIANA…THE RED RIVER WILL RISE AND CREST
NEAR 28.0 FEET DURING DECEMBER 5TH. FLOOD STAGE AT SHREVEPORT
IS 30 FEET.
EXPECT MAJOR FLOODING TO DEVELOP ON THE SULPHUR RIVER OF NORTHEAST
* ON THE SULPHUR RIVER NORTHEAST OF TALCO TEXAS…THE SULPHUR RIVER
WILL RISE AND CREST NEAR 30.5 FEET BY THIS AFTERNOON. FLOOD
STAGE NEAR TALCO TEXAS IS 20 FEET. THIS WILL BE THE HIGHEST
CREST ON THE SULPHUR RIVER NEAR TALCO TEXAS SINCE THAT OF
DECEMBER 18 OF 2002 WHEN THE RIVER CRESTED AT 30.99 FEET.
EXPECT MAJOR FLOODING TO DEVELOP ON THE SABINE RIVER IN NORTHEAST
* AT MINEOLA…THE SABINE RIVER WILL RISE TO MODERATE FLOOD
AROUND 20.0 FEET BY TUESDAY MORNING. FLOOD STAGE IS 14.0 FEET.
* NEAR HAWKINS…THE SABINE RIVER WILL RISE TO NEAR 33.1 FEET BY
THURSDAY MORNING…WITH NEAR RECORD FLOODING POSSIBLE AT THIS
LOCATION. FLOOD STAGE IS 23 FEET. ADDITIONAL RISES REMAIN
* AT GLADEWATER…THE SABINE RIVER IS FORECAST TO RISE TO
MINOR FLOOD AT 28.5 FEET BY THURSDAY EVENING…WITH ADDITIONAL
RISES POSSIBLE THEREAFTER. FLOOD STAGE IS 26.0 FEET.
EXPECT MAJOR FLOODING TO DEVELOP ON THE LITTLE RIVER IN SOUTHEAST
* AT IDABEL…THE LITTLE RIVER WILL RISE TO AROUND 34 FEET THIS
EVENING. FLOOD STAGE IS 30.0 FEET.
* AT HORATIO…THE LITTLE RIVER WILL RISE TO NEAR 31 FEET ON
TUESDAY AFTERNOON…WITH MINOR FLUCTUATIONS POSSIBLE THROUGH
TUESDAY NIGHT. FLOOD STAGE IS 27 FEET.