The City of Texarkana, Texas will begin charging a revised fee schedule effective immediately after Monday night’s council meeting. The City Council voted unanimously to revise the fees in the regular council meeting on Monday, June 8th after a series of workshops last week. The fee list is reviewed annually and impacts the city’s revenue projections for the annual budget.
Last week, council met with builders, developers, contractors and sign companies who have provided significant feedback since building fees and sign fees were set for fiscal year 2015. As a result of council workshops, a solution was reached by council and the community that was agreeable to by both groups.
The revised fee structure includes the following permit fees for signs: $70 for a basic or simple sign, and the same sign with electrical power is $100. Electronic messaging sign permits will cost $125 or $150 depending on the size of the sign.
The residential building permit fee will be .50 per square foot, which came as a suggestion from the Homebuilders’ Association and was agreed to be council and staff. This simplified fee structure will replace 14 separate fees in the previous schedule.
For commercial or non-residential building fees, council approved implementing the full fee over the next seven fiscal years.
- FY 2016- 70%
- FY 2017- 75%
- FY 2018- 80%
- FY 2019- 85%
- FY 2020- 90%
- FY 2021- 95%
- FY 2022- 100% of the full rate as determined by the Master Fee List
The following fees have been approved for elimination or reduction:
- Street/Alley/Public ROW Abandonment Application Fee: FY15 = $2,000; FY16 = $500
- Fire Alarm Residential Permit: FY15 = $50; FY16 = $0.00
- First Re-Inspection by the Fire Service: FY15 = $50; FY16 = $0.00
- Deposit for Variable Fees (related to plats): FY15 = $200; FY16 = $0.00
- Library Canvas Bag: FY15 = $7.50; FY16 = $7.00
The following fees have been approved for implementation:
- Daily Special Event Permit: FY15 = $0.00; FY16 = $30
- Second and Subsequent Re-Inspection by the Fire Service: FY15 = $0.00; FY16 = $100 Fire Inspection Service Hotel/Motel – Base: FY16 = $25
- Fire Inspection Service Hotel/Motel – Per Room: FY16 = $5.00
- Subdivision Plat – Vacated (Base Fee): FY16 = $100
- Water Service Connection: FY15 = $10; FY16 = $15
- Water Meter Disconnect: FY15= $10; FY16 = $15
- Water Service Transfer: FY15 = $20; FY16 = $30
- After Hours Service Call to reinstate Water Service: FY15 = $20; FY16 = $50
- Non Payment Service Charge (utilities): FY15 = $20; FY16 = $35
- Water meter Tampering; FY15 = $35; FY16 = $50
- Unauthorized Water Connection Inserted: FY15 = $35; FY16 = $100
- Library: Case Replacement: FY15 = $1; FY16 = $1 – $9
- Library: Art Sleeve for Case: FY16 = $1.00
- Library: Fax Service Sending (International): FY16 = $5 per page
For an exhaustive list of all city fees, or more information about the commercial building permit fee, please visit the city’s website at http://www.ci.texarkana.tx.us/ and find “Quick Links” at the bottom of the page.