Texarkana, Texas (November 21, 2014) | On Monday, November 24, 2014, the Commissioners Court will meet at the New Boston Courthouse at 10:00 am.
According to the agenda, the Commissioners Court:
- “Consider and take action to approve budget adjustments (line item transfers).”
- Consider and take action re: payment of accounts payable.”
- “Consider and take action to find that Bowie County Judge violated Texas Local Government Code, Section 151.001 – Sammy Stone, Commissioner Pct. 1.”
Texas Local Government Code, Section 151.001 in full states:
Sec. 151.001. OFFICER APPLIES TO COMMISSIONERS COURT FOR AUTHORITY TO APPOINT EMPLOYEES. (a) A district, county, or precinct officer who requires the services of deputies, assistants, or clerks in the performance of the officer’s duties shall apply to the commissioners court of the county in which the officer serves for the authority to appoint the employees. If the county has a population of more than 190,000, the officer shall apply for the authority to appoint any other kinds of employees.
(b) The application must be sworn and must state:
(1) the number of employees required;
(2) the title of the positions to be filled; and
(3) the amounts to be paid the employees.
(c) If the application is made in a county with a population of more than 190,000, it must also describe the duties to be performed by the employees.
(d) The application must be accompanied by a statement of the probable receipts from fees, commissions, and compensation to be collected by the office during the fiscal year and the probable disbursements, including salaries and expenses, of the office.
(e) This section does not apply to a district attorney or criminal district attorney in a county with a population of more than 190,000.
Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 149, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.
See below for (1) the full agenda and (2) 2015 Bowie County Resolution – Indigent Defense Grant Program: