It’s here! Scout-O-Rama 2019 is this Saturday, April 27 at Spring Lake Park in Texarkana, Texas. BSA units from all over the four states area will be camping all weekend, but Saturday the park opens to the general public to come and observe and participate in some great Scouting activities.
10:30 AM – Gates open to the public.
11:30 AM – Opening Ceremonies
12:00 PM – Exhibits and demonstrations open to the public. ICS Chili Cook Off gates open for tasting. Chili serving will take place from noon until it’s gone, or 3:00 P.M. whichever comes first. If you don’t already have a ticket, they are only $5, with all proceeds going to help Scouting in Ark-La-Tex.
4:00 PM – Scout area closes to general public.
As always the Scout Troops, Venture Crews, Sea Scouts, Webelos, and Cub Scouts are excited to show off the skills they have learned so far through Scouting.
Public Notice: There will be live civil-war era cannon fire and fireworks taking place during this event.
•Civil-war era cannon fire will take place:
– Once Friday night around 7:30 P.M.
– Starting again Saturday just before noon the cannon will fire several times throughout the day up to approximately 4:00 P.M.
• Fireworks will start, depending on the weather, around 8:30 P.M.
• Native American Dancing/Drumming
• Live 1800’s era cannon fire
• Pinewood derby racing
• ICS sanctioned Chili Cook Off
• Static displays of military vehicles
• Scout Craft
• Car Clubs
• Tomahawk throwing
• Native American Dancing
• Pre 1840’s camping demonstrations
• LifeNet Air Ambulance/Helicopter
• Food vendors